buildingSMART Nordic is a not-for-profit organisation that is member of buildingSMART International. buildingSMART Nordic consists of national buildingSMART organisation in Denmark, Finland and Sweden. buildingSMART Norway is an independant member of buildingSMART International. buildingSMART Norway is observer in buildingSMART Nordic.
Sustainability by building SMARTER
Contribute to sustainable built environment through SMARTER information sharing and communication using open international standards in the building and construction sector, private and public. Goals
- Develop and maintain open international standards for Building Information Modeling (Open BIM)
- Accelerate market assimilation of interoperability through successful sustainable projects
- Provide networking opportunities, specifications and written guidance.
- Resolve high cost problems that hinder data sharing.
- Extend buildingSMART processes and technology to the whole built environment, over its lifecycle, and encompassing leadership, production, facilities management and engineering maintenance.
- Realization of public and private sustainability agendas
- Better buildings faster and cheaper (value for money).
- More predictable outcomes (reduced risk).
- High performing, energy efficient buildings (better environment, lower cost).
- New business opportunities